Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to School....Natural Hair

Flat Twist & Two Strand Twist

During the school year we're all about simple, easy and long lasting hairstyles. For us, combing hair every morning is not realistic. We just don't have the time. My perfect solution is a combination of flat twist and two strand twist. Usually I can get 2-3 weeks out of this style before having to re-do. It really depends on how active J is and if we follow our nightly routine of a satin scarf, satin bonnet and satin pillow case. I do lightly mist her hair with water (very lightly) and lightly moisturize her hair with Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer as needed. Typically every 3-4 days or so but again only as needed. J likes to wear her twist down but sometimes I will put the twist in a cute side ponytail with a bow or even two ponytails. I do use rubber bands to secure the end of the flat twist however I do not attempt to take them out by hand. I always carefully cut rubber bands to remove them. Rubber bands are notorious for causing excessive breakage and pulling of hair.

TIP: Worried about rubber bands causing breakage and pulling hair? Dip rubber bands in olive oil before using to reduce breaking, pulling and snagging.

 
 


 


 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 


 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...