Sunday, July 14, 2013

Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation & Small Haul



Smashbox Cosmetics

I decided to do a little shopping this weekend and thought I'd share. I picked up some high end and budget items. If I like it I buy it!! If it's $200.00 or $20.00 and it peaks my interest I'll make the purchase. I shop everywhere from Target to Nordstrom and everywhere in between.

The Foundation
Nordstrom was one of my stops this weekend to purchase the newly released (released 7/10/13) Smashbox Liquid HD Foundation. I also purchased their new Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara Illuminateur and the Photo Set Finishing Powder. There was a representative/make up artist from Smashbox at Nordstrom specifically for the launch of this new foundation. Needless to say I was like a kid in a candy store.

I decided to have Smashbox's make up artist make up my face using the Liquid Halo Foundation. I knew I was in love instantly. The foundation is perfect for my combination dry/oily skin. It applied smooth, no clumping, no streaks, non greasy and non drying. Believe it or not of all the make up I own I only have one foundation and one tinted moisturizer. I am not big on foundation. If and when I do decide to wear anything it's never full coverage. My skin is my skin and I'm comfortable in it however imperfect it may be. There are those days though that I want to get a little cute and fancy! LoL This foundation will be my go to for those cute and fancy days. I would consider this foundation sheer to medium coverage but buildable.


  • Light weight
  • Sheer to medium coverage but buildable
  • No "cake face" look
  • Goes on super smooth
  • Last all day
  • Skin is still touchable and soft
  • Not ashy looking


The Mascara
Elongated my lashes to the point I thought I had fake lashes on. If that's the look you are going for then this mascara is for you. I have to point out though that it's hard for me to be blown away by a mascara because my lashes are naturally long and full so the mascara is just enhancing what is already naturally there. It's not doing anything amazing to my lashes. Did I just toot my own horn? Yeap, TOOT TOOT, BEEP BEEP :)

Photo Set Finishing Powder
LOVE IT! Imagine finely milled silk...that's what this feels like. She applied it after the foundation, blush and bronzer and my face was "set" for the rest of the day. My makeup did not move until I removed it at the end of the evening. I'm impressed. This matte translucent oil-absorbing powder banishes shine and leaves you with a flawless finish.






















Just me...Real Regular
A lil fancy in the face but still me. I love that I still look like me. I still see my face, my skin. My imperfections that make me...ME! I'm not caked under tons of foundation. This foundation is like a second skin. Very pleased with my purchase.


 Bonus Pic: Other items I picked up over the weekend. With the exception of these exceptional flats I purchased from payless.com for work. Every year/season I purchase a couple pairs of shoes to leave in my desk at work. I like these flats so much I might have to incorporate them into my regular wardrobe.
Shoes: Payless.com DexFlex comfort flat
Make Up: Smashbox from Nordstrom
Bangles and striped Vintage T's: Old Navy
Nailpolish: Sephora.com
Real Techniques Blush Brush: Ulta
Lipstick: Lancome from Ulta
Lipstick: Buxom from Sephora
Shorts: Torrid from at least 2yrs ago. Planned on wearing them today but ended up in Capri's instead



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...